Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Today was a busy, yet uneventful, day. Shanna woke up before 5 a.m. She wouldn't let Mike put her down. Finally at 6:15 Mike came and asked if I could take Shanna for a minute. She did not want me to take her. I swapped kids with him (I had Alyssa). After he came back and got Shanna he changed her diaper. Then she let him put her down so she could eat her breakfast. That slowed Mike down a little bit with his plans for the day. We went through our usual morning routine. We weren't quite as good as yesterday, but Mike and the kids got out the door just before 8. We will try and do better tomorrow. I managed to get kids dressed, laundry folded, hair fixed, dishes washed and floor swept. I even got dinner in the crockpot and bread in the bread machine (this time with salt). Yesterday it took me too long to get dinner done, even though Mike came home early and took the kids outside, so I thought today I should get something ready for dinner in the morning. Then it was time for lunch. I'm trying to think what else I did, but I can't recall. I just know that I was very busy all morning long. After lunch Shanna and Haley had naps. It suddenly seemed very quiet with only three kids awake. It was a nice respite from our busy morning. I cleaned up the living room and play room and vacuumed. The kids got home from school. Shanna and Haley woke up. I got them some fruit snacks. Then I taught 2 piano lessons. I didn't know how Shanna and Haley would be, but they were totally fine during the lessons. Shanna, at one point, took my chair when I stood up for something. Maybe she is aspiring to take my place as piano teacher. We had dinner (stew with garlic bread) and scriptures. Mike then went to Roundtable for scouts. I bathed the girls and got them ready for bed. We read stories. Haley at one point got a bloody nose, but I have no idea what happened or when exactly it happened. Rebecca said it looked like blood was on Haley's face so I got Haley and cleaned her up and discovered her nose had bled. Poor kid. We sang songs and the kids went down. Approx. 1 hour to get them down tonight. Shanna kept escaping. I think she is finally down for the night. The kids were very cute today. Thanks Ruth for letting us help you out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No problem! I'm glad I could loan you a few extra kids. Maybe I'll send Clark and Cal down too! That is crazy Haley got a bloody nose! I am sure it is the same with your kids, but sometimes they get bumps and bruises and I have no clue how. Sounds like you can skip on exercising for several weeks. Seems like you are in constant motion from sun-up till way past sun-down. I am glad you are able to help me out! It's comforting to know that the girls are in a good place.
Thomas and Makenzie get bloody noses all the time--I think Thomas pokes his nose too hard, but Makenzie's nose just randomly starts bleeding with nothing happening. The dr. said it was the dry air from the furnace. Crazy!
Post a Comment