Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We hope you and yours have had a Valentine's weekend filled with lots of love and appreciation. We have been very busy making sure ours was just that.

I helped the kids on Friday make some valentines from footprints. Rebecca was home sick with a bug, so she helped take pictures for me. I went to the library when Mike came home for lunch. I wish I would have had time to browse more, but as it was I didn't have time to dawdle. Shanna and Haley took separate naps, so after Mike went back to work, Shanna helped me make some snickerdoodles for a Valentine's surprise for Mike. After the kids went to bed we watched 2 episodes of Jeeves and Wooster. If you haven't watched it, or read the books (by P.G. Wodehouse), we recommend that you check them out. They are funny.



On Valentine's Day the kids woke up to candy from Mommy and Daddy in their baskets/boxes/bags that they had decorated to receive valentines. Mike made strawberry belgian waffles for breakfast. Mike gave me "The Princess Bride" dvd, a nice card and milk chocolate nuggets. Mike got the yummy snickerdoodles and a card from me. I took our primary kids to a Friendship Activity at the church in the morning. The kids played games, decorated cookies and ate lunch. I then trained our new activity day leader while the kids played with their friends.


In the afternoon we went on a walk. When we got home I decorated devils food cakes (I made the cakes in the morning) for the sisters I visit teach and for the rest of the primary presidency. I decorated them with marshmallow fondant to resemble roses. I thought they turned out really well. We then made heart-shaped pizzas for dinner, after which we drove over to the Stake Center for a Valentine's Dance. There was babysitting for the kids. Mike and I had lots of fun dancing the fox trot, triple swing, 2 step and waltz.


Lots of love is headed your way. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Wow, my girls are enjoying all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't be doing even if I felt good!!! Those little rose cakes with the fondant icing were fabulous! You are amazing!!! I am very glad you had fun at the dance. Hopefully you guys will be able to have lots of dates in the coming month or so!

Mari said...

Lena
I love the roses. I really want to get some fondant training when I get back. Wish I was there doing all that fun stuff with you! Kirsten's hair is so long. So is yours! Glad you had a fun Valentine's