Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Sabbath is a day of rest

Since we went to a dance last night, the kids were really easy to put to bed, but it made our Sunday morning slightly more hectic. We got up later than we should have, then we had to get kids fed, bathed, dressed and out the door (multiply that by 9 and you can probably guess how it was at our house this morning). We arrived at church a couple of minutes before the meeting started. Fortunately a member of the bishopric has lately taken care of the prelude music for me by playing some mp3s of the LDS hymns. When I was ready, I gave him a nod and he turned off the recordings and I started playing the organ. The kids seemed to be doing great while I was up on the stand, but as soon as I sat down during the sacrament, I disrupted their equilibrium or something because they had a harder time sitting still after that. We had to take the twins out a few times, but all in all we made it through the meeting. Our mission president and his wife spoke, which was really a nice treat for us. For primary I played the piano today. Jon's class gave the sharing time in Junior Primary. This afternoon, while the girls were napping, the older kids were watching scripture stories, and Mike had the baby, I started a batch of names to index at familysearchindexing.org It's a great activity to do on the Sabbath. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it. I haven't done a batch in a while, so it was nice to do. After the girls woke up we called and said "hi" to Ruth. We then took one of the rose cakes over to an older neighbor lady and had a short visit with her. After we came home I took Jon, Rebecca and Ethan to a baptism and Mike stayed home with the little girls
(aka Kirsten, Shanna, Haley and Alyssa). I played the piano at the baptism. I also did my first "Welcome to Primary" for the little girl who was baptized, since I am the Primary President. We came home and had our treat (cupcakes with whipped cream) and watched President Monson's talk from the Sunday afternoon session of the October 2008 General Conference. Mike and the girls called and talked to Lee. Then Mike put kids to bed and I finished my indexing batch. Thanks Mike!

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sorry about the girls and sacrament meeting! I wasn't surprised, though. Your cupcakes with whip cream sound yummy! Hope today goes well! Oh, I tried to register yesterday with family indexing, and it wouldn't let me. Very weird. I'll try again.

Photo Crazy! said...

How cute are you! You do so many fun things.