In the coming weeks I will try to post more frequently for Ruth's benefit. You may find this and future posts rather boring because instead of posting just the highlights from our week, I will be describing more of our day to day events. I'm also not posting this as some super mom or a mom to be pitied. I enjoy my job and try to have a positive attitude about the good things and the not so enjoyable things that are part of everyday life.
Last night Mike and I went to bed rather late, he was cleaning up a bit and I was posting on our blog, but we had the goal of getting up early. We did manage to fall out of bed before 6 a.m., but we sadly missed the goal of 5 a.m. I guess I can claim that I was awake at 5. Alyssa saw to that. After she was fed and changed I put her back to bed, but instead of falling asleep as usual, she was wide awake and ready to play. We did the usual morning ritual (breakfast, scriptures, exercise-way to go Mike!, getting kids and lunches ready for the day etc. etc.). Mike got Jon and Rebecca out the door before 8 a.m.!! Yea! I folded laundry, got some bread going in the bread machine (I forgot the salt), fixed Kirsten's and Shanna's hair, talked to Deb, showed Ruth Shanna's hair via webcam, folded more laundry and took the kids outside to play.
We came in and I made lunch--peanut butter and honey sandwiches and apple slices for the kids and tuna fish sandwiches (because of the lack of salt in the bread) for me and Mike. We took Mike his lunch, which was rather nice. All the girls fell asleep on our little drive. I stopped and got gas and came on home. Mike said Shanna and Haley might wake up if I tried to move them, so I paid Ethan, with M&Ms to sit in the van with them and to tell me if anyone woke up, while I hurried and washed up the lunch dishes. He did a good job and looked at his workbook while he ate M&Ms. It was a nice, warm sunny day today. Mike picked up the kids from school and took Jon to piano. Jon came home with a medal for 3rd place for his science fair project. He will go on to the next level for science fair. After Mike and Jon got home, they took all the kids outside to play some more and I finished putting laundry away and got dinner made-- bbq biscuits, veggies and an apple spinach salad. Jon prepared the lesson for Family Home Evening on Eternal Families. Rebecca did a dance for her talent, Ethan was Goals, and we decorated heart cookies for our treat. It only took about 30 minutes to get the kids to bed tonight. I'll pull one more load of laundry out of the dryer so I can fill it up again and then to bed, to bed, to rest my sleepy head.
Good luck hanging out in the hospital Ruth! This post is for you. Enjoy!
3 comments:
hey i just watched my fair lady
Lena- your cookies looked delicious. Wish we were playing in your backyard. Take care. You will always be an amazing mom in my book! You are also a great sister and friend.
YEAH!
Thanks for the great post! I LOVE seeing pictures of the girls. You are very busy! THANK YOU THANK YOU! Those cookies look so yummy! I look forward to more posts!
Post a Comment