The first week of summer we watched a couple kids while their mom went to Girls' Camp. Since we couldn't go anywhere with 2 extra kids, we had lots of fun here at home.
To avoid too much television and video games, we've tried to do some active activities each day. I also put together binders for each of our kids with journal pages to draw and write on, math pages to keep up their math skills, and other pages with fun activities to do based on the kids' ages. We've also been taking lots of trips to the library to pick out books to read. I've also been keeping up on piano lessons with Jon, Rebecca and now Kirsten, to encourage them to keep practicing everyday. I need to make an incentive chart too.
Peanut Butter Playdough
To avoid too much television and video games, we've tried to do some active activities each day. I also put together binders for each of our kids with journal pages to draw and write on, math pages to keep up their math skills, and other pages with fun activities to do based on the kids' ages. We've also been taking lots of trips to the library to pick out books to read. I've also been keeping up on piano lessons with Jon, Rebecca and now Kirsten, to encourage them to keep practicing everyday. I need to make an incentive chart too.
Peanut Butter Playdough
Hands-on activities are always great, especially in the summer when you can make more messes and have more time to clean them up. Play dough, sand, bubbles, chalk, water, water and more water, are all fun things to play with in the summer.
Playin' with Friends
Playin' with Friends
We've been getting together a lot with some of our friends. One day I sent all the kids outside and told them to come up with a play to perform for me. They came up with "Indiana Jones and the Bubbles of Doom." They picked costumes, came up with a plot (imprisoned princesses and pokemon, a scary monster, stolen treasure, Indiana Jones and Jedi Knights to the rescue), I even provided them with bubbles, which somehow didn't make it into the actual production. Anyway, it was a fun play. Once I get Mike to help me edit it, we'll post it so you can see the fun they had.
We've been very busy with swimming lessons, playing with friends, going to the park, sprinkler park, library and neighborhood pool and hanging out at home. Whew!!! This summer is going to vanish before I can catch my breath.
Happy Summer!
Happy Summer!
5 comments:
Sounds like you are having lots of fun!! Loved all the pics!
You are an inspiration. I need to do more activities with my kids! i too loved all the pictures!
You've got such cute kids, and we love being able to see what's happening even when we aren't there. The video of Alyssa splashing in the pool was very cute!
Sound like fun! You always do the best things with you kids. They are lucky to have you.
I loved the pictures! Kate and your youngest definitely look related! And I'm excited to watch the play when you get it posted. When I was in NE with the corn, Paul would do plays. Kids are so funny!
Post a Comment