We had a fun quarterly Primary Activity on Saturday. It was my last big 'hurrah' as Primary President. I was actually released the Sunday before the activity, but the bishopric told me I wasn't off the hook for putting on the activity. The theme that we chose was "Building My Eternal Family." We found the idea through sugardoodle.net.When the kids arrived they each got a "Building Permit" and a yellow "hard hat." They then went and colored pictures of their families while we waited for everyone to arrive. For our opening I talked about being a local architect. We were in a construction zone and needed to wear our hard hats to protect our heads. I went over our building plans found in D. & C. 88:119.
119 aOrganize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
At a House of Learning the kids made houses out of craft sticks and glued the pictures they drew of their families onto them.
At a House of Order the kids had a relay race. They had to take care of baby, mow the lawn, fold laundry and pick up blocks. I like how the kids are all lined up and ready to go.
I was in charge of the House of Glory. I likened eternal families to rice crispy treats.
We got back together for the closing at the House of Faith. The member of the bishopric over Primary talked about Noah's ark and how Noah's family worked together, lived the gospel and were saved on the ark. After the closing song, "My Eternal Family," and prayer the kids lined up for pictures in the ark. The cubscouts made a nice ark for us.
After their pictures were taken they went to build their own lunch--Hawaiian Haystacks. It was a great activity. I will miss working with my counselor and secretary. They are awesome ladies!!!
FYI-I am now the ward accompanist. I play the organ in sacrament meeting and the piano in primary and for anything else if I'm needed. I now feel like I actually have to practice. . .
6 comments:
What a great activity! I love the rice crispy idea. With your calling...Thats what happens when you are talented.
Wow! I need to talk to you more! I had idea of the big primary activity and that you are now released from being the Primary President! The activity sounded great! And I love Alyssa's tongue trick. That was very funny.
By the way, that last comment was from me, Ruth, not Lee, Nostrebor.
(I had no idea I mean....)
Awesome activity! Looks like the kids had a lot of fun!
What a fun activity!
Post a Comment