Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nine is Feelin' Mighty Fine

Spring Break is here and has brought some more cousins to stay for the week. Grandma and Grandpa brought Clark and Cal down to see their "babies," Shanna and Haley. It has been a party from the get-go. Immediately after they arrived, while kids were running around in a state of wild, excited frenzy, Grandma and I left for an adoption party with other sisters from our ward. We had a great time visiting and eating yummy food. At the end Grandma was anxious to get back to help Mike and Grandpa put kids to bed. I, on the other hand, had no qualms whatsoever about leaving the kids in their capable hands. Besides, I'm usually the one who has the privilege and opportunity of putting the little darlings to bed many days of the week, by myself. I felt no guilt, and had a very enjoyable time at the party.

Saturday Mike made breakfast, after which Grandma and I went to a Visiting Teaching Conference at the church. We came home and Grandma fixed lunch. After lunch, all the girls, minus Alyssa, went shopping and ran errands. We came home and fixed dinner. After dinner the kids had baths then watched "Arnie the Doughnut." We would have read the book instead, but it was checked out of the library. We were able to check out the Scholastic DVD though. The kids thought it was a fun story. I made doughnuts and we ate those after the show.

Today we had church. The trickiest part was getting all the kids out to the vans at the end, but we managed. We had a very nice day. The kids love playing with their cousins. They get along very well with Ruth's kids. Clark and Cal are very cute boys. Clark has a hard time remembering my name. Usually when he wants my attention he says "Excuse me!" then tells me what he wants to say. Cal is also starting to say "Excuse me." At one point Clark called me Aunt Lois. I corrected him and he said "Aunt Wena. . ." and proceeded to tell me what he wanted me to know. For whatever reason he can say the "L" correctly on Lois, but can't say it on Lena. He was very good in church today so we could have milk shakes tonight. We also had popcorn and fondue while we watched our conference talk. Clark said it was the best dinner ever. I guess I did not fix enough food, because everyone ate cereal and applesauce an hour or so later.

Mike took some fun pictures of Rebecca this week. He couldn't think of what to do with the theme from this week's photo challenge, so I suggested Rebecca in white with the irises, since they are blooming this week. I love spring! Something different is in bloom each week.

Kirsten tried to open a tatoo parlor this week, but when the owner of the establishment found out the shady business she was in, her business was shut down rather quickly and her equipment confiscated.

Kirsten prefers free-form art, as opposed to more traditional work.

You better watch out for the leprechauns this week. They are tricky little fellows. We might make a trap tomorrow to try and catch some on Tuesday. Maybe we'll find some of their hidden treasure. . . Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

What a fun, full house. Lena's day car/bed and breakfeast...lunch and dinner and snacks. I love the Iris photo and the tatoo shop! Happy St. Patty's day!

Lois said...

lol! I loved the part about Kirsten's tattoo parlor - SO funny! Also how Clark can't seem to pronounce your "L." So I'm curious - what does a trap for a Leprechaun consist of? It sounds like a lot of fun and something I want to do next year.

Mari said...

You inspired me to help the kids make a leprechaun trap. Also I love Kirsten's creativity!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I was laughing so hard that my belly hurt (which doesn't take much I guess) about Kirsten and the tattoo parlor. That was SOOO funny!!! And seeing the girls with marker on them, just made me laugh even more. I LOVE the picture of Rebecca! And St. Patrick's Day looked great. I am going to have to keep up the neat crafts when I come home. If not my kids will want to go live with Aunt Wena.