Monday, June 25, 2012

New Bench

 Mike made this new bench for me to go with our dining room table.  We had a bit of trouble matching the stain to the table.  You can't tell in the picture, but the bench is darker than the table.  Still, I love it.  I think I need one more for the other side of the table.  It's so much easier to sweep under a bench than under a bunch of chair legs. 
We rearranged our dining room recently.  I used to have my piano and all my teaching supplies in the dining room.  It's centrally located and easy to keep tabs on kids throughout the house, but it was time to move the piano to a new home (aka the living room), and open up our dining space.  We were feeling cramped eating in the kitchen all the time.  One of my favorite activities is reading scriptures each day, sitting around the table with our family when Mike comes home for lunch.  Ahh, the freedom that summer brings.  Thanks for the bench Mike!  I totally love it!

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I LOVE the bench! GREAT JOB! And good job redoing the old church bench too! Looks amazing! Great job also on walking 2 miles every morning. I have been running 2 miles about every other day. I need to increase it to 3.