Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Fools Fun

We had a fun April Fools last Friday. It all started with Chocolate Cake for breakfast! The kids thought that was really cool. Mike got them to sing, "Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!" For dinner, we had Thai Peanut Noodles, twisted bread sticks, salad, and decorated with paper lanterns.
The dinner was themed for our evening movie that we had just picked up, Tangled, but Mike redid the cover as "How to Train Your Pet Rock." The cover is illustrated below. The kids thought that sounded hilarious and were excited to watch it. Of course it started with a bunch of previews so that when the movie Tangled started, they thought it was another preview. After about 15 minutes Jon said, "Wow, this is a really long preview" So we said "April Fools!" What was really funny was that when we got to the end of the movie, the kids were asking when we were going to watch "How to Train Your Pet Rock." Guess we'll have to make the movie ourselves some time.

3 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Yum...chocolate cake for breakfast! I should have done that! Though, my kids probably wouldn't think anything of it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the movie cover...How to Train Your Pet Rock. SO FUNNY!!! Great job Mike! Lee and I are going to have to do that one too someday!

andyandsteph said...

Lol - I love all that you did for April fools day! You have the best ideas. I can't wait to try some of them out. Like the chocolate cake for breakfast.

Lois said...

Too funny!! The DVD cover turned out awesome!