Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On 3 Dark and Pleasant Nights




a penguin


a pink princess or two


two Guatemalan kids

a dragon (see the wings!)

and an ant attacking a picnic

Neighborhood trick-or-treat, ward trunk-or-treat and chili cook-off, and city trick-or-treat comprised Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The weather was great. Cool enough to remind us that fall is here, and sweaters are needed. Our ant won 2nd place at work, and 1st place at the ward. The ward contest would be more impressive if he actually had some competition, but there was none for the adult male category. Our candy haul was the best ever. We are set between now and Easter. Little do the kids know that I siphoned off most of their candy for all the holidays between now and then. Wa-ha-ha-ha (imagine maniacal laughter). Don't worry, their buckets were returned 2/3rds full. I then asked for contributions to seminary, and they shared willingly. Thanks kids!

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Heidi Sue the Mommy crafter said...

Loved all the costumes! Especially the ant! Very awesome idea! Happy Halloween!

andyandsteph said...

Awesome costumes! I love seeing what you guys come up with every year. It's always so cool.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Yes, LOVE the costumes!!! So cute. Someday I will do cute costumes...someday (maybe). I'll just borrow yours! That is great you are set for candy for so long. I just got some fall peanut M & Ms for our next three temple trips (we always like to bring a bag with us to eat on the way home). Again, Great job Lena on the costumes!!!

Lois said...

The kids looked so cute!! And yes - I love seeing Mike's costumes every year - you guys always come up with something great!