Thursday, October 7, 2010

Haunted Houses

We enjoyed a terrific General Conference weekend! The talks were great to listen to. We really enjoyed President Monson's talk on Gratitude.

After Conference was all said and done, we made some haunted houses.

Ours didn't turn out quite like this one.







We don't recommend using this pattern. It's a bit trickier to put together than the traditional gingerbread house pattern.







The kids really enjoyed the activity, even though houses falling apart left and right was a bit stressful for the adults. Eventually we got everyone's houses together long enough for the Royal Icing to set.



4 comments:

Jenny said...

You guys are gingerbread house royalty. Amazing.

Your baby is darling, by the way!

Lois said...

I love the houses - they turned out super cute! It's good to know the pattern didn't work - I was waiting to see if it did or not, as I was skeptical..

Photo Crazy! said...

So fun! You are amazing as always! We have resorted to hot glue when we do houses. LOL

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so fun!!! I like your idea Jennie about hot glue! I am glad they set up for you. Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween! When are you going to break your houses???